add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is the worse upgrade/"upgrade" you have made?

vagabond139
  • 44 months ago

I went from a A8 6600K at 4.9Ghz to a 860K at 4.5Ghz (it was never 100% stable at 4.6) and honestly I didn't notice any improvement. I should have just listened to Allan instead seeing if it really would be the same.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Wasting my money on an SP120 white LED fan to replace my radiator fan. Wanted to get an Aerocool DS White fan but Micro Center didn't have one.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

850 Evo to 950 Pro as boot drive. Infact booting with 950 Pro took longer then with 850 Evo erghhh and for most tasks speed was not noticeable per say.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Ipod nano 6th gen to 7th, I found that the 7th gen was way too small and I didn't notice if I managed to leave it behind

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Going from a 3770k to a 6700k. Saw very little performance increase, 6700k was a poorer OCer and ran hotter than the 3770k did at 5ghz. Was a case of upgrade fever when all I should have done is wait for 1080s to roll out and just bought new video cards. Oh well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube