add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Intel 600p SSD

ThatGuy1024
  • 45 months ago

I'm looking at getting an SSD for my pc and saw that intel sell the 600P M.2 SSD for quite cheap. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how well this SSD works in the real world Eg boot time. Also is it even worth paying the extra for this SSD or should I get a normal sata one?

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

I have seen only one review yet and I'm convinced that it is totally worth it over a sata hdd. If you want to use it in a PC, you need an adaptor to a normal PCIex4 slot. Unless this is included directly on the mobo like some high end asus mobo.

The cost of the adaptator is lesss than 20$ on ebay.

I think that the Intel P600 should be in the parts list

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H which says it has a M.2 connector. Am i reading this right will i just be able to plug it directly into the motherboard?

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, that's the purpose of that port. Before that, some mobo had mSATA connectors on the board. Same idea.

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Get the 600p its way faster than a sata one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube