add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Adding retailers, other retailer status

philip

34 months ago

We recently added a couple retailers to PCPartPicker:

• DTC Online (NZ)
  • Shopping Express (AU)

One retailer was temporarily been disabled but will be returning very soon:

• Adorama (US)

Then we had a retailer just flat out disappear from the internet without warning:

• Best Direct (CA)

We have several more retailers in the queue that should be coming online soon. We're also looking at adding additional countries soon. It's been a long time coming, but long story short we've brought on additional staff to help add new retailers to the site much faster than before. We've spent the last several months investing in infrastructure to be able to add retailers quickly - now we're just beginning to capitalize on that.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

Where is Fry's Electronics? They constantly beat major computer retailers with their in-mail promos. For example, Intel CPU i7 6800K was recently selling for $388 from 10.29.16-10.30.16. I just bought Nvidia Graphic card PNY 1080GTX OC 1708/1848+free game for $559 ($30 mail in rebate) on 10.24.16. No one came close to this promos. This our just very recent deals that were important to me, but give the idea of savings here.

• 33 months ago
  • 3 points

We've reached out to them, but have not yet been successful in bringing them on board.

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

Is anyone else not seeing Microcenter as a merchant?

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

That's correct. Microcenter is currently not available. We don't have an ETA on relisting them yet.

[comment deleted]
  • 34 months ago
  • 1 point

We're also looking at adding additional countries soon

Can we be privy to what countries are being looked at to be added?

• 34 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't have the list in front of me, but I know we're trying to connect up with retailers in Mexico, Brazil, Sweden, and Netherlands.

• 34 months ago
  • 3 points

Netherlands

screams at the top of my lungs

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice to read that you're expanding to the Netherlands as well, the website I currently use (Tweakers) is helpful in finding the best way of purchasing a chosen configuration, but it is lacking in the way that you have to manually check compatibility and such. They do have a list of Dutch retail websites though, including user ratings for each of them: https://tweakers.net/shopreview/.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Then we had a retailer just flat out disappear

I could leave an edgy joke here but I digress

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, what happened to laptop searching on this site?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Why was adorama removed?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Just temporarily - their feed moved/changed so I just need to update it.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

I was very glad to see India added to the list. Are you planning on adding more retailers? I'd like to suggest primeABGB if that's possible.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

"MSY" from AU

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

We'd love to, but the pricing we can get from them doesn't have sufficient information to match up with our database.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok fair enough. just thought since they are the largest chain across AUS that it was odd they were not included.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, I've been looking into upgrading my monitor soon and came to the conclusion that the Dell S2716DG 27.0" is arguably the best bang for my buck as a gamer. It was on sale for 200$ less than the cheapest alternative through bestbuy.ca online shopping, so I figured they might have other good deals. Might be worth looking into adding them as a retailer for US and Can.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

What happened to Microcenter?

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Microcenter is currently not available. We don't have an ETA on relisting them yet.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

What happened with Micro Center? (Why are there no longer on PCPP?)

Sorry to be redundant, but I mean, for example, was their pricing too crazy or something?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Have You retail in Denmark?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 34 months ago
  • 2 points

Had another one of those this week.

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

We've removed them from the site. The ongoing maintenance of adding them, code changes to support newer laptop features, etc was significantly more than the affiliate revenue they were generating.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, those are the legacy ones. We can't remove them in case someone happened to add one to a part list. But we don't expose the category and there won't be any new additions to it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube