add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Thoughts on the 'Cloud Connected Keyboard'

Robotfood
  • 45 months ago

Das 5Q Kickstarter is going. It seems pretty darn interesting, but I'm not sure that I agree with them on how practical it would be.

Then again, I'm wondering if you would be able to program it for MMO's (MOBA's and FPS's). Set up action keys so that the RGB does a 'cooldown' based on colour until said skill is usable again.

Anyways, I'm curious as to what potential others think we could do with something like this. My fingers are hovering over the 'Back This Project' button as even if the keyboard ends up only telling me what the weather looks like outside or if I have missed emails, $139 (early bird pricing) isnt too bad for a full sized RGB keyboard with Omron switches.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Smells like a gimmick to me. The app they're pushing alongside it has almost nothing to do with typing or keyboards beyond RGB settings.

I like Das'keyboards, but it feels like they're becoming another Razer. Instead of marketing their brains out towards gamers, Das is marketing towards tech hipsters.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

This^ They've already started using Greetech in their own keyboards as well and since they're big enough as a company, they can get away with it.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube