add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

G230 vs HS340

Egyptalicious
  • 46 months ago

Planning my first build and looking to get a set of gaming headphones (since my old HD449 aren't really meant for gaming).

The Logitech G230 and the Corsair HS340 seem to be reasonable options.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

Both are pretty bad.

By the way, while HD499's arent meant for gaming, they'll have better in game audio quality then those headsets and better audio quality in general.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I'm pretty satisfied with the HD449s as is, but I figured since they don't have a mic, and they're not really bass-heavy they wouldn't be optimized for gaming

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

you don't necessarily need heavy bass to have good audio in gaming. It depends on the games you're playing. For FPS where footsteps and audio cues and positional audio is most important, your HD449 should do better then most gaming headsets.

For something where you want there to be immersion, such as a game like Skyrim or Shadow of Mordor, you would want a bit more bass.

For the mic, you can just get a ModMic 4.0. Only costs 40 bucks.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

it doesn't get much better for the price than the 558's with a modmic... If you can afford that then get that setup or just get a modmic for your 449's.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Just looked it up, there appears to be some 7 different variations of it in Canada, ranging from ~$55-$120. Any recommendations for a specific version?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The cheapest one, probably the original/ core version.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube