add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming or MSI Z170A Gaming M5

joejccva71

48 months ago

Out of these two boards, which would be better, more stable and have better overclocking potential?

Both are LGA1151 / z170 boards. The CPU I'm using is a Skylake i5-6600k.

I do nothing but play games.

Looking for stability and also the company support is important to me too. BIOS updates to ensure stability are equally as important.

Which board would you get?

I think I pay too much attention to reviews. On Newegg, people were complaining about the Asus board being DOA out of the box. Not sure if I should really pay attention to that or take that advice and go with an MSI.

Any help please would be appreciated.

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, good sites. I guess I'm a bit nervous because of how many DOA's the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming board got on Newegg review. Just a bit worried is all.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Tell u the truth, many users are down-right clumsy in installation & connection.. It is the decency of the Manufs who despite suspecting user-error just replace it with a new product.. How many users ACTUALLY use a UPS or atleast a spike-guard to connect their PCs ?? Many users AFTER having fried their boards, come to know that there is a thing called case-shorting.. the motherboard should not have an electrically-conductive path to the ground via the case..

Are we to assume all the professional-reviewers who, by the way are doing the users an INVALUABLE SERVICE to the enthusiast community, are all IGNORANT FOOLS -- having given very good reviews to the ASUS PRO GAMING.. ??

So, yeah..

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent points.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

One more thing I'd like to point out although not sure how much weight this has.

Is it a little strange that the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming board has only been out for 5 months and already has 13 bios updates? That's quite alot.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube