49 months ago
Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YGTJ6h
I have tried both Windows 10 and Windows 7. It doesn't matter. It will randomly freeze whether I'm playing a game, watching a video on youtube, or just sitting at the desktop. It's very random and I could be playing a game fine for 3 hours and then it will freeze. Or I could be just looking at a website or a video or anything.
Here's what I've done so far:
- Updated ASRock BIOS to the latest version: 3.0
- Updated all the drivers from the motherboard website
- Updated latest graphics driver from Nvidia.
- Monitored heat with CPU HW Monitor and the CPU and the system are pretty cool. 30deg celsius at idle, and 54-60deg celsius at 100% load.
- Ran Memtest86 for 7 hours straight with no errors. It completed 6 passes, no errors.
- Ran SSD health diagnostic on both my Samsung SSD drives and they both checked out 100% healthy.
- Ran sfc /scannow and found no issues.
- Ran prime95 for 8 hours with no issues. Temps never got above 60deg celsius.
Like I don't know what else to do. I mean I guess it could be a bad PSU or the motherboard maybe? Could the RAM still be bad after testing it with memtest86 for hours?
Anyone have any ideas? It's very frustrating.