add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Forum search and topic/build comment subscriptions

philip

47 months ago

Hi everyone,

We just rolled out some new functionality for commenting and forums:

• Forum search. Long overdue, you'll now see a forum search box to the left that you can use to search topic titles and topic messages. That's it for now, but coming soon we'll add the ability to search within specific forums, date ranges, specific users, etc. The infrastructure supports it - it's just a matter of presenting it in a consistent and decent UI.
  • Subscribe to comments on topics, completed builds, and build guides. You can now toggle a flag on any topic, build guide, or completed build to receive notifications on any comments posted on those items. Under the topic message (or build description), look for "Follow comments". Click that to toggle your comment subscription to the item. If the flag is set, you'll get notifications whether someone replied to you or anyone else. If you have email notifications set up, then you'll also receive email notifications for those as well. You can also view all your comment subscriptions in your user profile, should you want to visit any or remove any.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 7 points

Can you add the ability to subscribe to specific forums and get a notification when ever a new thread is made?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, this is a good idea.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The Inbox spam... I hope no one would do that with the Part List Opinion Wanted... But, I think that forum needs some requirements because sooo many time wasters.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Define the time wasters on P.L.O.W. Plz

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

OMG YEY!

Forum Search: Also being able to sort through stuff like "Last Post" in an order.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Just need to add the forum search to the mobile version now :)

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Mobile search should be live now. :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. I also like how I'm able to receive all comments made in a forum, even replies.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you maybe make a Button in the build guides that makes you able if you want a monitor and OS or not. So that we don't have to check every build guide if we want to see?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

YAY!! Thank you :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Hope the ability to sort search results in descending order by date is implemented soon. Results seem to be displayed in a random order at the moment.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

That is coming in a later update to search.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

There seems to be some forum and site gremilins today, i am unable to view my system build, gives and error saying that pp is down for maintenance or similar message , and posting messages are hit and miss,(sometimes gives a message saying an error has occurred ) but doesn't elaborate on what the error is/was

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Apologies for that. We did a major migration today to a new hosting provider, so there have been some rough points as things transitioned. DNS can take a bit of time to fully shift over, which is likely the culprit you saw for it being down for maintenance and some of the message errors too.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Well it's back working again now, but i did loose the save list , not to worry as it's easily re done

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

In the build guides, It only shows staff builds, I'm sorry, but I've seen so many staff builds. Why can't I see build guides from normal users? Such as myself?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

We recently changed the way the guide indexes work: http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/156056-changes-to-the-build-guides-index

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Please make your own thread on the forums.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Click the subforum and then click the large blue create new topic button. Please do not ask your question here.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube