add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Vamery GTX760 2GB GPU?

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 5 points

fake gpu / scam

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

What gpu would it really be then? I'm confused.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

These are usually old GPUs with a random flashy cooler slapped on in China and then resold as super cheap new cards.

It could be anything.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Never even seen or heard of that. I kind of want to look into this now. Thanks for the info :)

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I was going to try to do the same but that would take a lot of work, it would be helpful if I had one on hand so I can test it to at least eliminate some cards that are a above or below its performance.

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 2 points

This card specs out to be the GTS 450: 783 MHz Graphics, 1700 MHz Memory, and 1566 MHz processor.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting. I was too lazy to do that my self.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Its 100% fake, a real GTX 760 has a 256 bit bus, that one has only a 128 bit bus so its not a GTX 760. I just messaged them about it and I am going to see what bs reply they give or if they just ignore me since they know I am on to their bs.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

This is the reply I got:

Sorry,we haven't got our own brand products yet,so the most products we sell are produced by a 3rd party manufacturer(Not OEM). Although they are not original with famous brand ,the quality can be surely guaranteed with competitive price. If you are interested in it ,we are glad to receive your order early .

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I got this.

Thanks for your writing. Bus Width: 128Bit We appreciate your patience. Have a great day.

This is what I sent.

How come that GTX 760 only has a 128 bit Memory Interface compared all other ones having a 256 bit Memory Interface? I realize board partners can add VRAM but they can't do major changes like change the width of the Memory Interface. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

8/8 english. They have ignored me all together when I spoke similarly in response about the 246 bit issue. Probably some random guy in China handling all this.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I am going to try to keep pressing a response out of them to see what they really have to say

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, these guys shouldn't be tricking people like OP.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks guys

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Vamery. I forgot about those. They take far cheaper GPUs, change some things so it's recognized by the computer as what they're selling, and sell it like a better GPU.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

If I had the money and time I would buy one in order to call them out on there BS on Ebay and maybe get Ebay to do something about them selling false products.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Many have tried, but it is 100% legal because they ARE selling what they claim.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like a scetchy company. Thanks for saving me! :P

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a fake. It IS a real gtx760 chip but it is a reject that failed QC. Companies like this take them and nerf them down by running lower Bus badnwidths, less/slower memory, etc.

It is NOT illegal, but it is scummy.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Source on this? I am just curious.

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

I can't remember the site, maybe OCN, but someone bought like 3-4 of these cards and dug around using custom written BIOSes and ultimately tore the cards down and found they they are in fact the chips they claim to be, but with SKUs/serial numbers not registered by Nvidia/AMD. I'll try to find it.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Please install the optical disk driver from us.

That doesn't seem fishy at all....

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Totally... ;P

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube