add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

All fan speeds/settings showing as N/A on ASUS X99 Deluxe

8686sid

52 months ago

Hi, I have an X99 Deluxe 3.1.

I was following advice from a youtube video where they say that you connect your CPU fans (Corsair H110i GTX) directly to your PSU (EVGA G2) via a Molex cable.

The reason for this was something along the lines of, if your liquid cooler leaks, it wouldn't take everything down with it (or something like that)

Anyways, by doing so, I go into the bios and notice the only things I can see monitored are CPU, and motherboard temps.

All my fans show up as N/A so I can't adjust the fan speeds! (I think they are all running at 100%?)

Is it possible to adjust these fan speeds/monitor them in bios?

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Because the psu doesn't report fan speeds. I don't know what plugging a fan directly into a psu could possibly do to avoid damage from leaks. The pump needs to be plugged in to the cpu fan header and the fans plugged into the pump. As per Corsair's instructions. Use the included usb cable to plug the pump into a spare usb header and the Corsair link software will control fan speed.

And yes, all your fans will run at full speed if plugged into the psu directly.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

many thanks!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube