add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Intel 750 Series and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

MaximumMikey
  • 54 months ago

Does anyone know if the Intel 750 series PCIe SSD is compatible with the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167300 SSD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132565 Mobo

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, its compatible.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank You good sir.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see why not. It's PCI 3.0.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Vagabond is right, it's on the manufacturer's compatibility list of PCIE SSDs for that board. A very short list indeed !

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a bad idea to use a Add In PCIe card on a Skylake build.

Because when you put the card in your board under your GPU you are using up x4 of your PCIe lanes. And it Automatically drops your GPU down from 16 lanes to only 8

The Drive only uses 4 of the 8 it now has free.

Your board comes with a M.2 slot that you can use for faster drives. You can even get a 750 2.5 inch form factor that connects through the m.2 with a u.2 connector.

Its better to use the M.2 with skylake because it has x4 extra PCIe lanes built into the board and chipset. These 4 lanes are separate from the 16 for your GPU.

Skylake then has a total of 20 PCIe lanes.

If you were on x99 its not a concern, because you have alot more lanes of PCIe.

• 45 months ago
  • 0 points

That's the most stupid answer. You will always put the Pcie card in the PCIEX4_3 slot (the third) and configure it in BIOS to use x4.

Before you write something you don't know anything about, please get some knowledge. You are not an expert or a tech after building 4 computers.

The intel Pciexpress SSD works just great on this board and your discrete GPU runs at max x16.

Here you can see where to put Pciexpress SSD ( at 20:00) It's on the Maximus Hero VIII Skylake:

https://youtu.be/Mq3QDIwq_uQ

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry the installation of Intel SSD Pci express card is at 11:00 to 12:30

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

As of right now I'm still saving the money up for my build. An I was just wondering because I either want the 400GB version or Ill get 2 850 Pro Series 256GB SSD's in Raid 0.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

The Samsung SM951 is faster..

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm it seems that it is a little faster but has more GB

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I know. I have the Corsair XT in mind and the Kingston Savage

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Then what would be the best 240+ GB to put in Raid 0 and have a decent price

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube