add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

link me a cpu thats better than that for 75$.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel G3258 and its cheaper

• 60 months ago
  • 3 points

by about 5 bucks. That is a dual core cpu, which some games won't even start off of. Second, even the games you get running many will stutter with only a dual core. Third, the 860k comes at a 500 mhz faster clock speed. And finally, when dx12 comes out games will be able to utilize even more cores, so 860k performance will jump. The one thing the pentium has going for it is its single core performance, which beats out the 860k.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I love AMD. I love cores. they're great for working and whatnot, but the g3258 is a better chip for gaming. Far Cry 4 won't start. Tragic. In most recent (2 years?) games the cores will help, but not all games benefit from cores. A lot are single or double threaded, and due to the stronger cores and OCing like a champ the G3258 can perform close to the athlon in multithreaded games, and sometimes beat it. DX12 allows for more draw calls, but with these this price range it doesn't matter too much.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

The newer games are multi-threaded (and properly too) so a 4-core is a minimum and the 860K cannot be beat at this price range.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

A lot of games are still not multithreaded, so it's not a minimum. It will help in those games that are, but with the pentium being stronger w/ cores and the way it OC's (if you throw on a CPU cooler) it can come close in those games that are multithreaded. Of course if you include the price of the mobo, you could go with a cheap locked i5 which will just flat out outperform both of these for the same cost. The pentium would come with a cheaper mobo, by the way so it would be better overall and cheaper.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. G3258 + GTX 960 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjE0BU5egFc

You like that ~20-25fps? LOL

860K + GTX 960 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUGKRFBfOE

rekt

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Show me a game that doesn't take use of multiple threads and watch the AMD get rekt. Show me a benchmark of SC2 and I bet the Intel beats the AMD.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Funny that you say that b/c I downloaded SC2 yesterday and I couldn't get it to budge below 58fps.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

On what? The pentium? I mean you chose one of the very slight few games that take use of multiple threads.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube