add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Please don't try and explain what an AMD module is - I'm more than a bit familiar. I get that it isn't exactly what you think you want, but for what it costs and what it is capable of it remains untouched. It is absolutely not a weak quad core that requires 8 threads to be fully utilized - you really should stop talking about things you have such a small and misguided understanding of.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

instead of acting condescending, have a legitimate debate and keep the atmosphere friendly. And yes, the FX 8 series ARE basically just a weak quad core with 8 threads. That's what they physically are. They have the resources of an older Intel quad core (a first or 2nd gen i5) but require 8 threads to fully utilize those resources. The module system works fine on dual module ("quad core" but not really) CPUs, but when you start making 3 or 4 module CPUs, they are basically useless for gaming applications.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Gonna have to report you there buddy. Again, keep it about the topic, and keep the hostility out. There's no reason to get angry, we're all just here because we love PCs.

• 54 months ago
  • -1 points

No hostility at all, I'm literally laughing. The thanks was literal. It is helpful for the entire community to learn more about who is saying what and why. Truly, thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube