PCPartPicker

• Register

Meithen's Completed Build: The Spectre Project (First Build)

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Lfren38 1 point 52 months ago

I've changed my mind cause the cheapest dual sli my that supports lga1150 is red/black I've decided on something I've never seen before I'm going to build a stealth pc so im going to get all black components and 2 GTX 980's same with meithen's build but instead of green I'll paint them black so everything is black

Meithen submitter 2 Builds 1 point 52 months ago

Let me know when you finish, I want to see it!

No problem and I've changed my case to the corsair air 540 cause of the nice big window and the cable manegment

Omnitech_Nz 1 Build 1 point 52 months ago

Cool, I've seen stuff like that done and it is usually impressive

If you wanna see the build I'm doing go to my profiles saved part lists

That looks like a nice balanced build you've got there. Only thing I might change is to get a SeaSonic PSU as they are one of the highest quality brands out there, for your build I'd recommend a SSR-650RM G-Series 650w PSU as it is definitely enough for an I3 4130 and should allow you room to add a 970 or 980 and a higher end I5 later if you need to and it is a little cheaper than the one you have now.

I've chosen the 600W(now 550). Cause I put in the part list all the parts I want to upgrade to and according to the power wattage calculator thing it should only take up 538W and that is with the i7-4790k and dual gtx 980's including 3 sp120 fans from corsair I feel that this is incorrect can you show me to a website where you put in your parts and find how many Watts it outputs or whatever

A general rule of thumb is to take the wattage that PCPartPicker gives you and add 150ish watts so that the PSU is not at 100% at all times. Based on the 550 the Pcpartpicker gave you a 750 watt would allow the best for your build. A seasonic G-Series 750 would be brilliant then.

Oh btw I've changed colour back to blue/black and what I will do is paint my gtx 980's (when I eventually get them) with blue kinda like how Meithen's 980's