add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Np. I'll post back here when I get the results and I'm interested in hearing yours as well. Good luck with the build!

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Just did a quick test with the other stock fan in the upper rear. Max temp was 2 C cooler on the CPU running Realbench for 15 mins. So that fan definitely helps. Gaming wise it's about the same but I run Asus's Fan Xpert so the fans don't run at full tilt while gaming unless it gets really warm.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I completed my build and it runs great. Idle temps. according to RealTemp is around 30° C @ 21° C room temp. I Did a Prime95 'blend' test on the CPU, stock config. (tops out at 4.9 GHz I believe) and I saw a max temp. of 77° C running Smart Fan 5 on their default profile, with 2 x 140mm intake front and 2 x 120mm exhaust back and top fans using the VRM MOS sensors (as that is to my knowledge where the system gets the hottest and directly linked to CPU load). It made a little noise, but nothing too annoying. Although I have to say at idle or just when using the system for menial windows tasks, it is near silent, further improved by the PSU's fan stopping when below a certain power consumption.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Nice. Sounds like it went together smoothly. Mine is near silent at idle as well but my Plex Server machine, which sits beside it, makes a slight fan sound (9 hard drives to keep cool). Your temps sound good and you should have a little room for overclocking if you desire to do so.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Ha. Those pesky HDD's are probably going to be with us for some years to come still :) Yes it went great. It was a lot easier than 8 years ago when I last did a build. So much has changed for the better, it was almost easy to do. You are right. Even with heavy gaming and and a GPU OC as far as it will go, I never see more than 60 °C on the CPU, or 75 °C on the GPU. So maybe I will crank up the CPU in the future. But for now with my GTX 1080 I'm GPU limited anyway, so it probably wouldn't do much good.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube