add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I know people say it’s like LEGO’s but it’s not. At least to someone who has never even installed... anything really. Where does it all go? What if I put it together wrong? If it doesn’t work when I’m done, how do I figure out the bad piece or connection? I

Its not hard to be honest. The hard part is picking parts and this is coming from someone who has built around 10 PC's and probably has made at least 1000 part lists. You really can't put it together wrong if you watch some videos besides the front panel connector which I think everyone has managed to **** up but that no consequences, everything will only fit in one place. You troubleshoot. I have taught people how to build a PC on the spot before and we got it done in around a hour. If you watch videos and do your research/ask questions you can build a PC.

Also with my prebuilt I have 2 year warranty on parts, labor and tech support.

You will get at least a 2 year warranty on all of the parts in the build above with the CPU cooler having iirc 5 years and the PSU having 10 years. The warranty is usually a downside to prebuilts.

Crap I am probably right where they want me to be, ignorant and scared, but it is what it is.

Exactly, they have you right when they want you.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I am more seriously considering returning. I am actually leaning that way. I started it up yesterday, upgraded to windows pro and went to activate bitlocker. Doesn’t support bitlocker. TPM chipset is 1.2 and can’t be updated with firmware. WTF?! How old is this motherboard?! Didn’t tpm 2.0 become standard in like 2016-2017?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I have decided to take your advice and return the pc. I made my own parts list, as I learn best by being engaged. I used some of the suggestions I got on here but a lot I changed based on my perceived value of the part and it’s function, like keeping the i9-990k to be fairly future proof(for awhile at least). If you have the time you could check it out in the parts opinions section under “my over budget first time build.” Or if you think I would be better off just going with the build listed I’d take that advice too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube