add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

When you put some kind of thermal compound on the cpu die for heat transfer. You have to have some type of thermal paste or liquid metal on the cpu die, even when not using the IHS. I'm guessing you're going to put the cpu cooler straight on the cpu die?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I will use probably AS5 for the thermal compound. And yes, I will put it straight on CPU die.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

AS5 is slightly capacitive and may cause problems or short out your cpu if it gets on the capacitors on your G3258. To be safe, maybe use some MX-4 instead?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah thats why my G3258 failed...... How about the PK3?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

PK3 will do fine. It's electrically non-conductive.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Aight. Thanks for the info!

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

GOD DAMMIT I DIDNT READ THE FRICKING SUBNOTES OF THAT. FRICK YOU ARCTIC SILVER!!!!!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube