add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The only thing I would change is the psu

with the quality of the other components I would go with a tier one given that a strong psu will keep your other components going for longer

You are implying that he should switch out his power supply.

I have a simple question for you though: What do you consider a top of the line psu? Just curious.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Typically when I refer to myself I mean exactly that. I think you are reading into it way more then I intended. I don't really mind if he doesn't change the psu but I wouldn't have bought that one for this system - that's all.

Now that I know more about them I look at the caps, the ripple suppression, the crossload and the efficiency. Then I look for things like corsair link, modular and noise.

I get what you are saying, there is nothing wrong with his psu but he spent 3500 on his build and 100 on a psu. His mouse almost cost as much!

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry if I came off rude.

Sometimes I forget people still use Corsair Link. Doesn't seem super useful.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That's ok mate you weren't being rude and i agree with you for the majority of it. I should also clarify that the rm 850 made by cwt you are referring to is actually a tier 2 not tier 3 like the chicony model psu so the tier lists can be useful!

I like the link software as it gives me on the go info about my system especially the efficiency readings. Not sure how accurate they are but I like to see that sort of info especially when I'm doing benchmarks to see how it all stacks up.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I just can't use the tier list. I'd rather go through the process to find the OEM my self, and draw conclusions my self from professionals.

The amount of flaws makes it useless for me.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough I think you are right in saying that a technical review is important but, for me, the tier list is a guide I can use and then I can look at reviews of a particular model that I like.

I checked out you build guide - solid part selection especially the psu! Ha ha

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Something that I think people forget is that it's a user-created list. Their opinions and potential fanboyism is able to get into the list and make it more unfair and nonsensical.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube