add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

During benchmark and a really heavy oc on it plus voltage is ramped to the max. I actually lowered my oc for everyday use.

The msi 970 twin frozr I was using recently definitely ran a lot cooler. From what I've seen that isn't even that bad for these 390s though. Idk it's my first amd gpu ever. Figured I'd try it out since I'm going back to nvidia when pascal is released.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

That's not bad at all, impressed with that temp under-load temp tbh.. I got the reference 290x and it hit 93o C without OC. That's what got me looking at liquid cooling.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I truthfully haven't looked into an open loop system but it's something I want to try out and when I upgrade to pascal I really want to also upgrade my cooling. I'll definitely have to check out your system when I get home.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm actually quite excited with what AMD is releasing too - Finfet Polaris

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'm curious how much these two hold back. I've heard its supposed to be a big jump. Hopefully they don't collaborate and decide to release things slower than they can to make more money. Maybe since both companies are making a big jump AMD will find it the perfect chance to take a bigger chunk of the market and go all out, idk. Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theorist and overreacting.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube