add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You know that does seem weird now that I thought about it. You should easily be getting that cpu to 3.3ghz. Wouldn't that one go to 4.0 with the right settings and cooling? Man that was expensive in its day too.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I was searching the sweet spot in speed at stock voltage. The voltage is at 1.3+ volts. Any higher and the cpu may overheat.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes this cpu cost the same price as the current x99 cpus. But i got it for like 40 bucks :D. It was sitting on the display rack among the sea of used cpus at the bargin pc store.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice. I looked up some old threads about overclocking this one. Not sure how much 7 year old data is for you. But here is a link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/402824/oc-help-on-a-qx6800-g0

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks i look up and all say multiplier should do the trick. Weird

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Durn.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

i have since updated the build and added a better CPU cooler

the stock cooler is not holding up as I expected. Hit temps up to 80 degrees which is the TJMax.

with the new 212X Hyper i getting 60+ tops

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube