add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

No worries. This application wasn't too complicated just because the case has a lot of flat surfaces and clean lines to work with. Generally though you want to make sure you clean the surface beforehand, then cut out a section a little larger than you actually need. Make sure to align the pattern of the vinyl how you want it, then apply from one end to the other, smoothing it out as you go to avoid air bubbles. I would recommend taping some cloth to the edge of a credit card or something to use as a tool to smooth out the surface and work it into cracks/crevices. When working with complex surfaces hit it with a heat gun or blow dryer for a few seconds, it makes it much more pliable and easier to shape. Then trim around the edges with an Xacto knife to clean it up.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Its easier said then done lol

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the application tips, I was wondering about that myself. Also, where did you purchase the DI-NOC sheets?

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

I bought it off Amazon. MetroRestyling is also a good source. Make sure to avoid the 3M series 1080 CF vinyl, that stuff looks like crap. The good stuff is the 3M DI-NOC, part number 3M-CA421.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I have been looking at the EVOLV ATX case, and the carbon-fiber is a really nice look for it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube