• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

staffsMike 1 point 43 months ago

Yup they are cheap as chips. Check out the builds, most people do high power gaming builds in them.

gunit1111 4 Builds 1 point 43 months ago

One of the reviews I saw on Amazon said that this case had clearance issues with certain coolers. Is this right? I'm using a Noctua NH-L9i and I don't think that should be a problem but if I decide to use something else would it be?

I'm amazed that one builder was able to pack a 5960X and GTX 980TI into this thing.

What CPU are you trying to cool? That cooler isn't really suitable for i5/i7. With your SFX PSU you get a bit more clearance for air cooling but really the case is built in mind of a single rad all in one cooler.

gunit1111 4 Builds 1 point 43 months ago

It's a 3570K, which I had left over from a previous build where the motherboard failed on me (it was actually the fault of a bad NZXT Kraken X61). I don't plan on doing any real overclocking with this rig, I just want something that will be better than the stock fan but be low clearance enough that it can fit into an ultra compact case. I have actually used several of these coolers. I have the AMD version on a Gigabyte 78LT and it works great.

I could probably use the stock fan actually. I have a system with a Pentium G3258 that runs on the stock fan and works fine, but that's why I went with the Noctua because I wanted something that's a bit better and works in tight spaces.

I would use a stock cooler since the noctua is designed for 65w tdp and that chip is closer to 80w.