This is my new home PC / Gaming rig. Decided to upgrade the monitors for this build and completely blew up the budget.
Maybe maybe getting a little obsessive on some things, especially internal cabling. I wanted to see how clean I could make a small case. Everything here is standard except:
- Removed most stickers from the components. A heat gun / hair dryer really helps here.
- Re-sleeved and re-sized the fan cables. I ran them inside one of the top C beams and down the back corner.
- I shortened and re-sleeved the front panel wires (except the USB cables).
- Mounted the SSD up front with 3M double sided tape.
- Used wire ties and anchor points to lock down all cabling.
- Used Ensourced custom PSU cables.
I can sleep better at night knowing there isn't a giant rats nest under the hood. The Ensourced cables are wonderful. They are very easy to customize on their website including exact length, color, and color pattern. First time I've used them and will definitely do it again on the next build. They are not too expensive on a small build that has a limited number of cables.
All fans are plugged into the Mobo. I had to use a splitter on the front two. I'm using the default ASUS BIOS fan profile to run all case fans and CPU fan. When its idle the stupid thing is so quiet I can't tell its on. When the monitors are asleep the only indicator is the blue light. I accidentally shut it down often thinking I'm turning it on.
My only gripe is the distance between the PSU and graphics card. Its the only thing tight in the whole case. Wish they could have mounted that PSU vertical somehow. Otherwise the case is the best I have ever had.
Added: Important point from a comment. Custom PSU cable lengths are: Mobo: 12" CPU: 24" PCI8 and PCI6: 6" SATA: 6"